Saalbach as a BIKERS’ PARADISE
Once upon a time...
there was an overgrown path that no one had trodden on for years. But then a biker came across this path and thought that this gnarled trail could become a great flow trail.
And from that day on, the pioneers on 2 wheels kept on looking for new lines and trails.
400 kilometres of bike routes extend over the mountains of Saalbach, some apparent, others not visible at first glance, and others are pure secret tips. There's something for every biker. Whether forest paths for pure mountain bikers, unique panorama single trails for freeriders and e-bike enthusiasts, or super challenging downhill lines with big gaps.
The latest thing right now - E-biking!
E-bikes, that's something for lazy or old people...STOP!!!!
Not here with us. Anyone who thinks that has NO CLUE.
Your e-bike enables you to access new paths! There are so many great single trails and mountain bike routes in Saalbach. Those are only for experienced mountain bikers, who cover marathon distances and have as much strength in their legs as a young steer...NO!! Those times have passed. Grab an e-bike and you can explore these trails and get just the right pulse for your perfect challenge. You can do it! And when you're out of steam, your bike will give you the necessary support to experience the perfect bike day.
Attention downhill freaks and freeride pros
Over 80 kilometres of the best lines and trails on various mountains around your “fuchs and gretl” b&b – no surprise that Saalbach-Hinterglemm, together with Leogang, Saalfelden and Fieberbrunn is the largest bike region in Austria! Details on the trails right at the lifts:
- Kohlmaisbahn: Monti Trail and Panorama Trail (line for bike beginners) as well as the Root Trail (for top bikers)
- Schattberg X-Press: X-Line (for the wild ones)
- Reiterkogelbahn: Blue Line (for experienced beginners) and Pro Line (for the pros), Pumptrack (super exercise for EVERYONE)
- ZWÖLFERKOGEL: Z-Line (for experienced trail riders)
- Westgipfelbahn: Hacklberg Trail (which is legendary and every biker should know) and Bergstadl Trail (for the tough ones with the best dampers)
- Fieberbrunn Highlights: NEW NEW NEW NEW! Easy Park Obingleiten with Hänsn Line and Obing Line, pump track, Schweinestberg Trail
- Ready for the BIG-5 Challenge? The XXL tour incl. Fieberbrunn for the absolute maximum biking fun!
JOKER CARD & Biker Highlights
What makes a holiday in the bike Mecca Saalbach so special? How about:
- Bike garage with workshop and outdoor washing station at fuchs & gretl
- Healthy start to the day - superfit breakfast for bikers
- JOKER CARD – highlights for bikers
- Convivial bike-friendly huts in the entire “Home of Lässig” region
- Sauna and yoga platform for tired biker legs
- Bike rental, sports shops and stores only a few steps away
- Direct access to the Bike Circus
- Expert know-how in house – fuchs & gretl love bikes and know where to go
Bonus for your bike rental
You get a 15% discount on rentals at our partner Sport Hagleitner!
Just a click and you can book your favourite bike easily online.
At our partner Bike Fürst, they have all the most popular bikes to rent too. With an online booking, you get a 10% discount on bike rental and if you want to visit the bike school, there's a 40% discount on guiding. And why not join a workshop to improve your technique, it can't hurt! At Bike Fürst you get a 20% discount on workshops and courses if you are a guest with us and rent a bike at the same time.